Re: Aw: Re: Re: grub search - reboot ?

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: Aw: Re: Re: grub search - reboot ?
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 19:53:53 +0300

14.09.2016 19:26, address@hidden пишет:
> i added echo and sleep before and after search statement and as i
> told, the VM resets (and powers down) after the failed search
> command
>
> for my curiousity, i cannot reproduce this on a physical box. there
> it`s being printed that the corresponding uuid is not found.
>
> i`d like to compare grub version to make sure this is not an issue
> with a specific version but perhaps a xenserver issue - any clues how
> to get the version from the interactive grub command prompt ?

You see version on top of CLI window (that you enter with 'c' in menu)
but it won't be of much help, as current version was not changed for a
long time unfortunately. Are you willing to test current upstream head?
You can compile and install it in parallel to your distro version.

Otherwise open bug report for your distro.