Re: display background image problem

From: Belisko Marek
Subject: Re: display background image problem
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 20:28:22 +0100

Hi Andrei,

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 4:40 AM, Andrei Borzenkov <address@hidden> wrote:
> 14.03.2017 00:13, Belisko Marek пишет:
>> Hi Andrei,

>>> Please show exact command used to create image as well as your grub.cfg.
>> Copied from yocto output:
>>
>> grub-mkimage -c ../cfg -p /EFI/BOOT -d ./grub-core/ \
>>                        -O x86_64-efi -o ./bootx64.efi \
>>                        boot linux ext2 fat serial part_msdos part_gpt
>> normal efi_gop iso9660 search gfxterm video png videoinfo videotest
>> all_video video_fb fixvideo
>>
>> and grub cfg looks like:
>>
>> # Automatically created by OE
>> serial --unit=0 --speed=115200 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1
>> default=boot
>> timeout=3
>>
>> menuentry 'boot'{
>> linux /vmlinuz root=/dev/sda2 rootwait net.ifnames=0 quiet splash loglevel=0
>> }
>>

> You need to activate gfxterm output driver; default is plain console.
>
> terminal_output gfxterm
>
> You need to set gfxmode first, as currently this is the only way to set
> video mode.
What I tried is:
start board and get grub console
set gfxmode=1280x1024
terminal_output gfxterm
(after that command I get some strange characters on screen (looks
like ? in suqare)).
Anyway I tired to type background_image command but there is only ?
output (not readable unfortunately).
Any other ideas? Thanks.

>> I tried to enter to command line and run:
>> set gfxmode=1024x768
>> and after background_image root/splash/image.png I got mentioned error.
>>
>> Is there any way to debug finding of video adapters? Thanks.
>>
>> BR,
>>
>> marek

BR,

marek