Random Freeze after GRUB menu on Intel NUC6CAYS

From: Jocelyn Pelletier
Subject: Random Freeze after GRUB menu on Intel NUC6CAYS
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 08:48:14 -0400

I have an Intel NUC6CAYS with default BIOS settings, except UEFI OS
Selection is Linux..

I noticed that my system was not always rebooting correctly so I did more
testing and randomly (once every 10-20-30 reboots or even more) it will
freeze right after the GRUB menu timeout to start Ubuntu.

I tried with a brand new SSD and maybe I got lucky but the same issue
happened after selecting "Install Ubuntu Server" from the GRUB menu... the
installation never started and I was stuck on a black screen. When this
happen, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, I have to press and hold power button to
power off.

I restarted the computer and tried again the *Install Ubuntu Server* and
this time it worked. I rebooted without installing and tested again and
again (about 30 times) and got the issue again.

Thanks for help!