Completely disable video output?

From: Scott Newell
Subject: Completely disable video output?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 16:38:52 -0500

I'd like to disable video output completely. What's the easiest way to do that?

I've tried switching to a serial terminal on ttyS2, but I don't see any grub output over serial and I still get grub over video. (I do get serial activity once the kernel starts, so I know the serial port is ok.)

Hardware is a Fitlet2 embedded PC, connected to a 4k TV over HDMI. (The 4k is the problem--I want to force it to 1920x1080, and I can't seem to find a way to do that in grub, either.)

thanks!
newell