Is the ascii.h and widthspec.h sources files needed on the CentOS RPM pa

From: Nabil Diab
Subject: Is the ascii.h and widthspec.h sources files needed on the CentOS RPM package ?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2018 14:23:09 +0200

Hi,

I have on my machine grub2-tools-1.2.02-0.44 installed on CentOS 7.2 and
I found that two header source files (ascii.h and widthspec) are present
under /usr/share/grub directory.

So I studied this two files and that's what I Iearned (Tell me if I'm
wrong):

ascii.h is auto-generated at the Make time (by the
util/grub-gen-asciih.c) and further included in the
grub-core/font/font.c and grub-core/kern/vga_init.c during the compile
time.

widthspec have a pretty similar behavior : generated during the Make
from util/grub-gen-widthspec.c and further included on the
grub-core/normal/charset.c.

But once the package is built, I have no idea why these two files are
still present on the target RPM ?

I'm cybersecurity engineer and I don't like so much useless sources file
present on a filesystem, it can represents a security flaw.

So I would like to know if I missed something on my study or these two
files are useless as I think ? If it's the case, for security reasons
these two files must be remove from the rpm package.

Regards,

Nabil Diab