RE: Cannot get GRUB boot menu to display more than 3/100ths seconds

From: Rivard, Matthew T
Subject: RE: Cannot get GRUB boot menu to display more than 3/100ths seconds
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 00:38:57 +0000

If you remove the grub.cfg file, the grub boot loader should drop to a command
line and stop.      If it doesn't drop to the command line, then your
bootloader is pulling its menu file from a non-standard location, which is why
any changes you make are not being reflected.

You can then use a linux install disc in recovery mode to remount the drive and
rename the grub.cfg file back afterwards if it does drop to command line.