Re: 'error: invalid signature' when booting Windows 10

From: Pascal Hambourg
Subject: Re: 'error: invalid signature' when booting Windows 10
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 07:41:39 +0100

Le 12/12/2018 à 06:43, David Collier a écrit :
On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 11:34 AM Pascal Hambourg <address@hidden>
wrote:

Le 11/12/2018 à 08:03, David Collier a écrit :

grub_cpu         i386
grub_platform  pc

This means, as I suspected, that the active GRUB flavour is GRUB BIOS
booted in BIOS/legacy mode, not GRUB EFI. GRUB BIOS is unable to
chainload an EFI executable such as the EFI Windows boot manager
bootmgfw.efi. If you want to chainload it, you must boot in EFI mode
with a GRUB EFI instance, as you did previously when the chainloading
worked.

I am pretty sure that I was able to boot the same linux kernel as now and
windows on the HD, when using the grub instance which was on another SSD
(which is now retired).

I guess I can try putting it all back together again to collect values of
environment variables in a working setup - will this help?

Sure, but it is not mandatory. Do not wait to put the old drive back to post the current disk layout. The report from bootinfoscript may be helpful too.