Switch boot mode after booting? (EFI<->legacy)

From: David Balažic
Subject: Switch boot mode after booting? (EFI<->legacy)
Date: Wed, 22 May 2019 21:28:07 +0200

Hi!

Is it possible to switch the boot mode "afterwards"?

i.e. boot in one mode, then switch if needed to boot certain OS loaders.

For example:
boot GRUB in one mode (UEFI)
load an OS in same mode (UEFI)
or: load another OS in the other mode (legacy)

Background:
there is a grub disk (biosbits.org) that boots in legacy mode, updates the
Intel CPU microcode and the boots any OS (in legacy mode).
I want to use it to boot my UEFI mode Windows 8.1.

Alternatively: is it possible to load a grub module that is compiled for
legacy mode in UEFI mode (the CPU microcode update in the mentioned
software is done by a custom grub module that is provided only in the
legacy version, otherwise it has a UEFI mode part too).

Regards,
David Balažic