Grub with UEFI, Luks, BTRFS and Separate boot device

From: James Johnson
Subject: Grub with UEFI, Luks, BTRFS and Separate boot device
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2021 20:39:18 +0000

Greetings all,

I have a conundrum with my Grub setup and how to configure it properly. When I
boot my machine, I enter a crypt password and, subsequently a login prompt
After I enter the Crypt password; I’m presented with a line that says Error:
Failed to remount root and Kernel File System.

I suspect this is due, at least in part, to my Grub.cfg, which is might be
looking at the wrong place for the root and FS Kernels

To be sure, I’m hoping my issue can be resolved by modifying my Grub.cfg

My scenario is this –

Sinngle NVME with 1 tb

3 Partitions
1 ESP/Uefi with Boot on that same part
1 LUKS Encrypted partition (DM-Crypt)
A BTRFS logical part within the crypto partition
And a Swap file.

I’m not using LVM, as I hoped with mounting the boot part, I wouldn’t have
issues with this.

I can provide both the output  of cat /boot/grub.cfg  and lsblk -f  if needed,
and I’ll include the menu entry here

menuentry 'Arch Linux' --class arch --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os
$menuentry_id_option 'gnulinux-simple-a73f9d6e-abcd-4dc0-a65b-76c2d7847acf' {
load_video
set gfxpayload=keep
insmod gzio
insmod btrfs
search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root e31ab127-91fc-4916-b7bf-b485a508c8cb
echo 'Loading Linux linux ...'
# Randomusr changing first root reference for the kernel to the physical
partition UUID for testing
linux /@/boot/vmlinuz-linux root=UUID=e31ab127-91fc-4916-b7bf-b485a508c8cb rw
rootflags=subvol=@  loglevel=3 quiet
cryptdevice=UUID=e31ab127-91fc-4916-b7bf-b485a508c8cb:cryptroot
root=/dev/mapper/cryptroot
echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'

Could you help me determine if this is valid for my scenario? And if not; how
to correct this?

Thanks,