help-gsasl

Re: help with gssapi smtp auth

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: help with gssapi smtp auth
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:49:40 +0100

"Umapati Singh" <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank You SO MUCH!!!!!!
>
> I greatly appreciate your response.  seriously, thanks!!!!!!
>
> However, my apologies that I didnt elaborate much, reason being, I wasnt
> really hopeful for a response, forget such a fast one.

Happy to be of service. ;-)

> So here is the rest of the story...
>
> I have an MS-Exchange server that supports GSSAPI and NTLM AUTH only,
> nothing else.  I want to build a small program so that I can send a mail to
> this Exchange server using the GSSAPI authentication.

Take a look at Martin's MSMTP, I believe it does exactly what you are
looking for:

http://msmtp.sourceforge.net/

It shouldn't be difficult to adapt the code to do what you want.  You
could also look at the GNU SASL examples, or the source code for the
GNU SASL 'gsasl' command line tool.

Hope this helps,
Simon