help-gsasl

Re: win32 Visual Studio 2005 project for gsasl

From: Adam Strzelecki
Subject: Re: win32 Visual Studio 2005 project for gsasl
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 21:07:58 +0200

Hi Simon,

Finally I came back reviving my Windows jabberd2 builds. So I got fresh things for you.

First a bugfix:

* gsasl-lib-win32-gnulib-fix-cryptoapi+use-intel-rnd.patch

(1) On some Windows systems crypto API required CRYPT_VERIFY_CONTEXT to get generic crypto hook just for random function, this is a fix for some users that gc_init was silently failing making g_hProv NULL and random functions failing too

(2) We shall return an error GC_RANDOM_ERROR too if the init fails (while it now never normally should fail)

(3) We may try using PROV_INTEL_SEC that uses built in Intel safe RND functions (if present) idea taken from Mono project

(...) I now looked more closely how your patch in libidn
worked, and it used a perl script gen-win32-headers.pl.  That approach
seems good since avoids the static config.h which was part of your gsasl
patch.  If you have the time, please use this approach for gsasl as
well.  I don't care strongly that gsasl.h is handled the same way,
having a GSASL_API define is fine, so maybe the gen-win32-headers.pl
script in gsasl could only for generating config.h.

I'll wait with installing the other win32 related fixes until I hear
from you.

Now Windows project related things:

I reworked my project files so those are now using GSASL_API dll exports, and gen-win32-headers.pl to produce dynamically config.h in win32/include.

* gsasl-lib-win32-dll-exports.patch + gsasl-lib-win32+vc8-3.patch

Alternatively to those two here goes old version with .def file:

* gsasl-lib-win32+vc8-2.patch

I'm looking towards having those patches in the git repo.

If you decide you use dll-exports please from now on mark all functions with GSASL_API rather than "extern".

Best regards,
--
Adam Strzelecki | nanoant.com