help-gsasl

Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: SCRAM-SHA-1 support in GSASL
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:41:45 +0200

Lothar May <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Simon,
>
> 2009/9/11 Simon Josefsson <address@hidden>:
>> Lothar, all,
>>
>> You may be pleased to find that I have implemented SCRAM-SHA-1, it is
>> available from today in the daily snapshots:
> [...]
>
> Thank you very much!
> I'll test it this weekend. This is really great!

Thank you for encouragement! :-)

I noticed some problems with non-zero-terminated strings: trying to use
it via src/gsasl or your application will break if you don't pass the
API zero-terminated strings (which isn't required by the API).  I'll try
to fix it this week.

Btw, SCRAM is now in IETF-wide last call so hopefully it will be
standardized soon.

/Simon