help-gsasl

Re: could not link GNU compiled dll in Windows

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: could not link GNU compiled dll in Windows
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 16:58:37 +0200

Ceqvi WyCadri <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, I'm trying to link the gsasl 1.2 dll (libgsasl-7.dll) in a Visual
> Studio 2002 project. The dll has been built using MinGW since the
> Visual Studio project files that gsasl provides are for VS 2005 (which
> are not compatible with the 2002 version). Anyway, building the dll
> goes fine, but when linking with the VS 2002 project I get the error
> "LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file". Anyone knows how to fix this?

Sorry, no idea.  Maybe you could create VS2002 project files for GNU
SASL?  I know that some projects, e.g. curl and libssh2, auto-generate
Visual Studio project files, maybe there is something to be learned from
that.  Could you look at libssh2 and tell if their approach to Microsoft
build files would have helped you if it was available for GNU SASL?  See
libssh2.org.

/Simon