help-gsasl

gsasl, Jabberd2 and Psi

From: Julius Schwartzenberg
Subject: gsasl, Jabberd2 and Psi
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 23:53:47 +0200

Hi,

I know very little about how this library works, but this is the problem
I have:

When I run Jabberd2 against the latest version of gsasl, certain Jabber
clients cannot connect to it anymore. So far I have found this includes
all versions of Psi. With older versions of gsasl, there are no
problems. There are also no problems when Psi connects to other Jabber
servers (most of them are not using gsasl I guess).

I did some regression testing and I found that this commit causes the
problem:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gsasl.git;a=commit;h=981875ef81fd49382d2656bf5f23dcbeaf9858a5

When I revert this commit for the latest head version from GIT, Psi can
connect properly again to Jabberd2.

Should this indeed be solved in gsasl? I'm of course ready to provide
more information if that would help solving the problem on the gsasl side.

Best regards,
Julius