help-gsasl

Re: Malicious Link Reported by Chrome

From: Greg Vogel
Subject: Re: Malicious Link Reported by Chrome
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 16:35:17 +0000

I never took the liberty/risk to continue to your site after seeing the warnings. At the time, I was at work. As such, our corporate antivirus is pretty lame and would shunt me from the network one anything malicious was detected. Ain't nobody got time for that.

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015, 6:28 AM Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> wrote:
Greg Vogel <address@hidden> writes:

> All URLs to josefsson.org <http://josefsson.org/gnutls4win/> are reported
> as suspicous because Google scans have found ~29 Trojans on the site. Your
> link is at
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gsasl/manual/html_node/Installing-under-Windows.html#Installing-under-Windows.
> You may have others.

This is surprising -- is there any evidence this is anything but a false
positive?  What file contains what malware?  All files should be PGP
signed, and the build process is in the released GNU SASL package, and
the releases are prepared on a completely free OS (Debian).  So I'm
curious how something bad could have ended up in them.

/Simon