help-gsasl

Re: TLS 1.3 support in 'gsasl' CLI tool

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: TLS 1.3 support in 'gsasl' CLI tool
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 09:13:56 +0100

Simon Josefsson <help-gsasl@gnu.org> writes:

> Enrico Scholz <enrico.scholz@sigma-chemnitz.de> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> when speaking with TLS 1.3 servers, gnutls_record_recv() returns
>> GNUTLS_E_AGAIN which is interpreted as an error by 'gsasl' and
>> communication is aborted then.
>>
>> I fixed it for me in
>>

>> https://gitlab-ext.sigma-chemnitz.de/ensc/gsasl/-/commit/1729c4438a9d24c3383abf74c17d0e5ee78318c3
>>
>> (which contains an example of such a communication).
>>

>> But patch is on top of other ones which were discussed nine years ago
>> but never applied.
>
> Hi Enrico!  Thanks for the report -- indeed I can reproduce the problem.

And now I finalled installed your patch here:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/gsasl.git/commit/?id=864afe39f659ab09e3b25b484dbd67bab15e819c

I modified it slightly to not depend on your earlier patches.  I haven't
been able to reproduce that problem yet.  I will review TLS handling in
the CLI next.

Thanks,
/Simon