help-gsl

Re: Sparse submatrix view

From: Patrick Alken
Subject: Re: Sparse submatrix view
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2022 09:21:04 -0500

Hello,

  For dense matrices, submatrix views work because all the matrix elements are stored in a nice consecutive, linear manner. This is not the case for sparse matrices. GSL additionally supports three different storage formats for sparse matrices (COO, CSR, CSC). So it is not trivial to implement submatrix views for sparse matrices.

You could simply construct separate sparse matrices for each subsystem, and then add them all together in the final step.

Patrick