help-gss

Re: Undefined symbols when compiling under Solaris 8 w/Sun Studio

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: Undefined symbols when compiling under Solaris 8 w/Sun Studio
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:26:35 +0100

Dagobert Michelsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Am 27.03.2009 um 14:56 schrieb Simon Josefsson:
>> Dagobert Michelsen <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I guess these should come from gnulib (taken from configure):
>>
>> Yes, getopt.? was missing from src/gl/.  I have fixed it in git
>> master,
>> please test a new daily snapshot:
>>
>> http://daily.josefsson.org/gss/gss-20090327.tar.gz
>>
>> Does it work better?
>
> No:

My fault.

> And getopt still doesn't seem to be in gl/:

It shouldn't be, it should be in src/gl/.

The problem now was that while src/gss DID link to libgnu.la, getopt was
called by src/gss_cmd.c which is part of src/libgss_cmd.la and THAT
library had to link to gnulib as well.

Test the URL above again.  It contains other fixes too, but they
shouldn't be a problem.  I intend to do another release later today
since the 0.0.26 release was broken.

/Simon