Re: no patch applies

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: no patch applies
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 23:45:31 -0400

On Fri, Aug 05, 2016 at 05:28:58AM +0200, Catonano wrote:
> this is not specific to Guix, but because applying patches is central in
> the Guix workflow, I argue I can ask here
>
> Erik Edrosa sent a patch to the dev list containing a very cute Guile
> Scheme package he made
>
> I attempted to apply the patch onto a fresh Guix master and the patch does
> not apply, I don't know why

How are you trying to apply the patch?

I saved the patch onto my computer, and then I applied it like this on
top of commit f467c35261:

$ git am ~/tmp/0001-gnu-Add-guile-commonmark.patch
Applying: gnu: Add guile-commonmark

It also worked when I used the patch command:

$ patch -p1 < ~/tmp/0001-gnu-Add-guile-commonmark.patch
patching file gnu/packages/guile.scm