Re: (gnutls) missing interface for module

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: (gnutls) missing interface for module
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 05:45:38 +0200

On Sat, Aug 06, 2016 at 05:23:49AM +0200, Catonano wrote:

> > all of a sudden, master gives me this error
> >
> > ;;; Failed to autoload make-session in (gnutls):]...
> > ;;; ERROR: missing interface for module (gnutls)
> >
> > than a backtrace comes and I can't lint a package (gnunet-svn)
>
> This is the error after the stacktrace
>
> guix/scripts/lint.scm:376:16: In procedure validate-uri:
> guix/scripts/lint.scm:376:16: In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable:
> make-session

What Git commit does this happen on? Can you share the exact sequence of
commands that cause the error?

Leo, thank you so much for your concern, I should have clarified this earlier

I found the solution

If I try to lint a package INSIDE an environment made with "guix environment guix" this doesn't happen and the linting succeeds

I thought that "pre-inst-env" was setting things so that the right Guile was automagically being called even outside of an environment. I was wrong.

I was confused because I had a Fedora Guile that I didn't remember about so that one got called when outside of an environment and I wasn't realizing that. I thought it was the right one that was being called

So A Fedora Guile was used to dlopen a Guix gnutls and that's a mix with a bad karma; Ludo explained that in this post https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2016-06/msg00069.html
(thanks to Jlicht for this link)

When I removed it, no Guile could be found when outside of an environment so that made me realize the mistake that I had been doing until then.