Counting Packages yields wrong result

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Counting Packages yields wrong result
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 23:10:44 +0200

I tried to count the number of packages in GuixSD for myself, but my
result differs from the package list on the home page
(https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/). Why?

Here is how I did it:

#!/run/current-system/profile/bin/guile -s
!#

; Counting number of packages in current system.
; This also includes packages with the same name,
; but different version string.

(use-modules (gnu))
(use-modules (guix))

(display "Number of packages: ")
(define cnt
  (fold-packages
    (lambda (pkg ctr)
      (+ 1 ctr))
    0))
(display cnt)
(newline)

Is that the correct way to walk through the list of packages anyway?

I always get the number 3747 back, even after a guix pull. The homepage
gives me 3881, and counting.

guix --version give me:

20160822.18

Looking at %load-path I figured out that

/run/current-system/profile/share/guile/site/2.0/guix

points to the ...guix-0.11.0-1 store path.

Is that my problem? How can I script over the newest pull?

Thank you,

Björn