Re: guix with guile-next

From: Amirouche Boubekki
Subject: Re: guix with guile-next
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 18:47:33 +0200

On 2016-10-07 18:19, Catonano wrote:
If I do

$ guix environment --ad-hoc guix guile

$ guile

(use-modules (guix http-client))

it's ok.

If I do

$ guix environment --ad-hoc guix guile-next ;; <-- note the "-next"

$ guile
(use-modules (guix http-client))

Then there is no code for module http-client

Is there any hope that I can load some guix modules from within a
guile-next prompt ?

I'm asking this because I am exploring Culturia and that requires
guile-next.

I'd like to use the guix http-client and the Culturia machinery
together

IIRC guix on guile-next is in the work, in the mean time you can use
the http.scm module from culturia [0] which relies on curl command line.
There is even a chime for http-get which works with https.

Be aware that I've hit some issues with that procedure, I'm not sure
but I think under some condition it leaks memory...

Don't hesitate to ask if you hit issues.

HTH,

[0] https://github.com/amirouche/Culturia/blob/master/src/http.scm

--
Amirouche ~ amz3 ~ http://www.hyperdev.fr