ASDF 2 and 3

From: Jack Lucas
Subject: ASDF 2 and 3
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:38:56 -0500

I really don't know how to describe this issue.  I can't actually pinpoint where the problem is even though I've spent almost all day pulling my hair out over it.

When installing CCL guix will pull version 1.11 from the server to install.  Version 1.11 is built with ASDF3.1.5 but after installing and loading it up using (require "asdf"), (in-package :asdf) and finally *asdf-version* it says it has ASDF 2.26.

So I guess what I am asking for help with is I have poured over the CCL definition in guix, and every single asdf related file in the guix tree.  I see absolutely no reasoning for this would change from 3.1.5 -> 2.26.

I've tried grepping for any other LISP directories or asfd.lisp's.  And nothing exists.

I'm fine with trying to work around it I just want to make sure guix isn't doing some backround magic to force ASDF 2.26 on everything.