Re: How/When will guix pull stop to compile the 616 files?

From: Quiliro Ordonez Baca
Subject: Re: How/When will guix pull stop to compile the 616 files?
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2017 22:21:37 -0500

Paul Dufresne <address@hidden> writes:

> It takes 45 mins. on my relatively old dual core to guix-pull (would
> say 95% of the time
> compiling).

I have the same machine you do. I have opted to stop xorg and enter
tty1. Then, when the download is finished, I stop networking in order to
make use of the least resources. I have a lightweight-desktop.scm
configuration, so I probably have a minimum of services started
also. These are the steps I take to stop those services I said before:
sudo herd stop xorg-service
sudo herd stop networking
If I later want to restart them, I execute the same commands but
replacing "stop" with "restart".

I hope this helps complete compilation when needed. :-)