Re: Failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': Connection re

From: shack
Subject: Re: Failed to connect to `/var/guix/daemon-socket/socket': Connection refused
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 00:27:15 -0600

Hello, Eric,

The Guix daemon was active and enabled when I checked systemctl, and a
daemon reload didn't work, either.
A reboot seemed to do the trick, at least I was able to successfully run 'guix
build guix' after that.

But now when I try to run 'guix pull' to update my packages, I get:

Updating from Git repository at 'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
guix pull: error: mkdir: Permission denied

guix pull works as the root user (or at least it runs, I'm still waiting
to see if it exits with no errors), but not as 'sudo' from my non-root
account (that one just spits out a somewhat lengthy error that I cannot
remember by heart)

-Muto