Re: guix fail to reconfigure the system

From: Matija Obid
Subject: Re: guix fail to reconfigure the system
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 23:17:13 +0200

> Hello Maitja,
>
> Maitja Obid <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I have freshly installed guixsd distribution. Afer running guix pull and
>> system build i was trying to switch into newly built system with
>> system reconfigure which gives me next error:
>>
>>   address@hidden ~# guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm
>>   guix system: error: stat: No such file or directory: "system"
>>
>> What can be wrong?
>
> No idea at first sight.  Could you share your config.scm?
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

Configuration:
  (use-modules (gnu)
               (gnu system nss)
               (gnu bootloader)
               (gnu bootloader grub)
               (gnu system file-systems)
               (guix packages)
               (guix git-download)
               (guix download)
               (guix build-system trivial)
               (gnu packages linux)
               (gnu packages emacs)
               (gnu packages firmware)
               (gnu packages certs)
               (gnu packages gnome))
  (use-service-modules desktop)

  (operating-system
   (host-name "X")
   (timezone "Europe/Ljubljana")
   (locale "en_US.utf8")

   (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
                (bootloader grub-bootloader)
                (target "/dev/sda")))

   (file-systems (cons (file-system
                        (device "system")
                        (mount-point "/")
                        (type "ext4"))
                       %base-file-systems))

   (swap-devices '("/dev/sda2"))

   (users (cons (user-account
                 (name "matija")
                 (group "users")
                 (supplementary-groups '("wheel" "netdev"
                                         "audio" "video"))
                 (home-directory "/home/matija"))
                %base-user-accounts))

   (packages (cons* emacs-exwm
                    nss-certs         ;for HTTPS access
                    gvfs              ;for user mounts
                    %base-packages))
   (services (cons* (gnome-desktop-service)
                    (modify-services
                     %desktop-services
                     (guix-service-type
                      config =>
                      (guix-configuration
                       (inherit config)
                       (substitute-urls (list "https://berlin.guixsd.org";)))))))
   ;; Allow resolution of '.local' host names with mDNS.
   (name-service-switch %mdns-host-lookup-nss))

--
Matija