How to announce important changes

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: How to announce important changes
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 22:41:58 +0200

Hello,

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> skribis:

> OK, I get it now.  I had missed that message about the PATH.
>
> I think those kinds of breakage would deserve some proper annoucements,
> either on the mailing list or on the website.
>
> What do you people think?

I agree.  The patch for the new ‘guix pull’ was discussed 2-3 weeks
before being applied, and the principle was discussed even earlier than
this, but for someone not following the mailing list, I understand this
is a problem.

Perhaps it’s time for an announcement mailing list, and/or blog posts.
What do people think?

Thanks,
Ludo’.