[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Tue, 03 Jul 2018 18:05:19 +0300
Notmuch/0.26.2 (https://notmuchmail.org) Emacs/26.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
Is there some reason why "guix pull" keeps profile symlinks in
~/.config/guix instead of under /var/guix/profiles?
I'm looking into installing Guix on multiple computers with shared user
accounts and /home on NFS. So far the possibilities seem to be:
a) master node running guix-daemon 
- will "guix gc" destroy guix/current profiles if /home is not
mounted on the master node? What if some users have local
home directories and some are on nfs?
b) guix-daemon on every computer
- then /gnu/store and /var/guix/profiles will by local and user
profiles can be different on every computer, but
~/.config/guix/current will link to nonexistent store item if
"guix pull" was invoked by the same user on a different machine.
Can/should this be fixed?
Another question is why ~/.config/guix/current/etc/profile does not
define all necessary environment variables (PATH is there, but no
INFOPATH, GUILE_LOAD_PATH and GUILE_LOAD_COMPILED_PATH)? It would be
convenient to source it in .bash_profile the same way as normal
guix-profile instead of defining all necessary variables explicitly.
Description: PGP signature
Mikhail Kryshen <=
- Re: ~/.config/guix/current, Ludovic Courtès, 2018/07/09
- Re: ~/.config/guix/current, Mikhail Kryshen, 2018/07/11
- Re: ~/.config/guix/current, Ludovic Courtès, 2018/07/12
- Re: ~/.config/guix/current, Mikhail Kryshen, 2018/07/13
- Re: ~/.config/guix/current, Ludovic Courtès, 2018/07/13
- Store on NFS (was Re: ~/.config/guix/current), Mikhail Kryshen, 2018/07/13
- Re: Store on NFS (was Re: ~/.config/guix/current), Ludovic Courtès, 2018/07/16