Re: Next browser finally on master!

From: Brett Gilio
Subject: Re: Next browser finally on master!
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 12:47:34 -0600

Ludovic Courtès writes:

> Hello!
>
> Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> skribis:
>
>> I'm happy to let you know that after months of feisty packaging and the
>> last month spent on the full rewrite of the GNU/Linux port, the Next web
>> browser is finally on master!
>>
>> It's packaged as sbcl-next.
>
> Before reading your message I naively installed ‘next-webkit-gtk’, which
> is not supposed to be used directly, right?  Should we make it private
> or hidden?
>
> Anyway, I’m trying it now and so far I like it!
>
> Thank you,
> Ludo’.

Hi all, I am also using the Next browser. A terrific tool. I am with
you, Ludo, we should make next-webkit-gtk hidden and I am also in favor
of renaming SBCL-Next to something else. I know that we are using sbcl
instead of clisp for building it, but the naming scheme seems to imply
an SBCL library or module rather than a web browser application.

Brett Gilio