Re: Need help porting eDuke32

From: HiPhish
Subject: Re: Need help porting eDuke32
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 12:18:36 +0100

Ken Silverman is an asshole and an idiot for writing his own license instead
of using an existing one, or letting an actual lawyer write it. And in 2000 he
didn't even have the "dumb teenager" excuse.

As for the engine, when Duke Nukem 3D was originally written the engine was
proprietary, 3D Realms only got a compiled library from Silverman[0]. So in
principle it should be possible to write a replacement engine that exposes the
same interface to the game module as Build itself. A few years ago I wanted to
"port" Duke 3D and Shadow Warrior to the Doomsday Engine[1], but back then my
ambitions were way higher than my skill. Maybe it would be worth looking into
this again.

[0] http://fabiensanglard.net/duke3d/
[1] http://dengine.net/