Re: Getting rid of "source file [...] newer than compiled" messages

From: Katherine Cox-Buday
Subject: Re: Getting rid of "source file [...] newer than compiled" messages
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2019 09:34:34 -0500

Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> writes:

> synoacl? I cannot find that mount option: are you on a Synology NAS?

Yes.

> AFAIK stripe=32 should not have any impact on mtime, nor data=writeback
>
> I'm using Guix on Debian and my store is in a LV too:
>
> /dev/mapper/vg01-gnu on /gnu type ext4 (rw,relatime)

Hm, OK. That was my best guess.

> I vaguely recall once I had one problem with source scm files newer than
> compiled when using ./pre-inst-env (for sure I did something wrong
> hacking, not directly touching /gnu/store anyway) but "guix gc
> --verify=repair" fixed that for me

This was my expectation too! I am perplexed as to why it doesn't.

> Ricardo also asked you about the daemon: how is it started on your
> machine?

Synology's distro remains on upstart which is what I'm using to start
the daemon:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
  $ ps -fC guix-daemon
  UID        PID  PPID  C STIME TTY          TIME CMD
  root     27071     1  0 Apr06 ?        00:00:00 guix-daemon
--build-users-group=guixbuild
#+END_EXAMPLE

> HTH! Gio'

Thank you!