Re: guile scheme tutorial

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: guile scheme tutorial
Date: Wed, 08 May 2019 15:15:15 +0200

For what it's worth, most of rendaw's comments resonate to me, from back
when I first got started with Guix.

But now, with hindsight, it's not obvious to me anymore what can be
fixed in the manual.

I believe the reason for this is simply that Guix and all its
concepts are a lot to take for newcomers, it's simply too hard to digest
even after multiple readings.  It takes time and practice.

A well written manual might not be the only answer we are looking for.  How
do we teach complex concepts in schools?  With examples and exercises.
Maybe we should do that.  Blog articles could be a good fit.

My two cents :)

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/