Re: Guix cookbook (was: guile scheme tutorial)

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Guix cookbook (was: guile scheme tutorial)
Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 23:38:34 +0200

Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden> writes:

> I agree with all your points!
>
> Regarding the bootstrapping process: we could already split the
> packaging tutorial into 2 "recipes":
> - A guile primer
> - The actual packaging tutorial
>
> Of course we would interlink them.
>
> Once done, we should not forget to update the blog post to let the
> readers know to refer to the corresponding cookbook instead.

Sounds good.  I’d like to keep the cookbook chapters rather short and
focused, so splitting things up into independent chapters is fine.

> Out of curiosity, can you remember which part of the tutorial is out of
> date?  I cannot think of anything.

I think it was a misunderstanding:

    http://bayfront.guix.info:3333/2019-05-08.log#042356

The tutorial says:

    Follow the instruction from the "Contributing" chapter in the manual
    to set up the repository environment.

I think they did not follow those instructions.  Sorry for the false
alarm!

--
Ricardo