A few questions about guix containers

From: Alex Sassmannshausen
Subject: A few questions about guix containers
Date: Sat, 11 May 2019 16:21:40 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to get to grips with Guix's container support.

Specifically, I can create containerised system using
$ guix system container /path/to/sysconf.scm

I should then be able to run commands in that container using
$ guix container exec PID CMD

But here's the rub: how do I find the PID of the container launched
using 'guix system container'?

Also, I can relatively straight forwardly map network ports to guix
systems using
$ guix system vm /path/to/sysconf.scm
and qemu's -net user,hostfwd syntax

Can I achieve similar mappings using 'guix system container'?

Is anyone using containers to test complex networked services in system
configurations?

Best wishes,

Alex