Re: samba in guix

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: samba in guix
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 20:14:45 +0200

Hello Tk!

Tk <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. máj. 14., K, 15:52):

> Here's another windows host related question. I have installed the samba
> package (guix package -i samba), but it does not seem (straightforwardly)
> functional. For example, smbpasswd complains that /etc/samba.conf is not
> there. I guess I could create one, but then I would be touching the /etc
> directory post-config and this is against Guix philosophy.

It seems that samba is currently missing a service for Guix System. The
proper way to do this would be to create one.
On the short run you can very well provide etc/samba.conf by creating it
manually (which is really not the guix philosophy,
but can be done), or you could extend the etc-service to provide one.

> So  how to go about Samba on guix and how to add users to the config?
>
> Tk
>
> Sent with [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com) Secure Email.

Best regards,
g_bor