Re: Problem on LXQt service definition

From: L p R n d n
Subject: Re: Problem on LXQt service definition
Date: Wed, 15 May 2019 15:53:17 +0200

Hello

"Reza Alizadeh Majd" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> based on my researches about using LXQt as a service on guix (like other
> desktop
> services previously defined), I found following comment on LXQt's Github:
> https://github.com/lxqt/lxqt/issues/1521#issuecomment-405097453
>
> It seems that I need to customize `$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS` in order to be able to
> load
> session files from `prefix/etc/share` instead of `prefix/etc/xdg` but I
> couldn't
> find a proper way to do this, and hoped that defining a shepherd service with
> modified environment variables in it's start script could help.
>
> do we have any reference about modification of environment variables during
> service start?
>
> Thanks,
> Reza

Sorry if I'm beside the point, just want to be sure, did you try to
get lxqt by just adding it to your system profile?
I tried lxqt once and I don't remember experiencing the problems
described in your link.

Also, from what I've seen in gnu/services/desktop.scm, desktop services are
often just polkit or dbus extensions, if some lxqt packages need a
special environment variable, another solution is to modify the package
definition with a `wrap-program` phase or something. This way, the
problem should be solved even if the user doesn't use the service.

Thanks,

L  p R n  d n