Re: Youtube Viewer

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Youtube Viewer
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 17:24:12 +0200

Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan wrote:
I have both youtube-viewer and mpv installed. Under preferences of
youtube-viewer, there is "video_player_selected               =>
"mpv",". But when I click play in youtube-viewer, the media is not
opening in mpv. What should I do to make this work?

I can't reproduce this (as it happens, I have both youtube-viewer and mpv installed in my regular profile):

============================ Terminal Time ============================= ~ λ grep video_player_selected .config/youtube-viewer/youtube-viewer.conf
 video_player_selected => "mpv",
~ λ youtube-viewer
=>> Search for YouTube videos (:h for help)
guix

1. My crush on GNU Guix (by DebConf Videos) [46:35]
[…snipped…]

=>> Select one or more videos to play (:h for help)
1

=>> Description
   […]

Are both youtube-viewer and mpv installed to the same profile? Which profile is that? Could you try the command

guix environment --pure --ad-hoc youtube-viewer mpv -- youtube-viewer

to see if removing any possible sources of confusion helps? (That command also works for me, but I don't *need* it.)

I'm also a bit confused by your phrasing, ‘under preferences…’ and ‘…click play’. For me, youtube-viewer is a CLI tool and I've always used it as such. Are you saying there's a gooey?

Kind regards,

T G-R