btrfs mount options not used

From: Jack Hill
Subject: btrfs mount options not used
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 15:44:32 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Guix,

I'm trying to mount my btrfs root filesystem with the compress=lzo option. Following Section 8.3 or the manual (System Configuration → File Systems, I added (options "compress=lzo") to my file system definition. However, when I reconfigure and reboot, it does not appear that the file system is mounted with this option. When I mount the filesystem manually with `mount -o compress=lzo …` it works correctly. Full operating system config below. What am I missing?

Best,
Jack

from /proc/mounts:
```
/dev/nvme0n1p2 / btrfs rw,relatime,ssd,space_cache,subvolid=5,subvol=/ 0 0
/dev/nvme0n1p1 /boot/efi vfat
rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro
 0 0
```

config.scm:
```
;; This is an operating system configuration template
;; for a "desktop" setup with GNOME and Xfce where the
;; root partition is encrypted with LUKS.

(use-modules (gnu)
             (gnu system nss)
             (gnu services ssh)
             (gnu services xorg)
             (guix-at-duke services endpoint-management))
(use-service-modules desktop)
(use-package-modules certs fonts gnome linux security-token)

(operating-system
 (host-name "lib-its13")
 (timezone "America/New_York")
 (locale "en_US.utf8")

 ;; Use the UEFI variant of GRUB with the EFI System
 ;; Partition mounted on /boot/efi.
 (bootloader (bootloader-configuration
              (bootloader grub-efi-bootloader)
              (target "/boot/efi")))

 (file-systems (cons* (file-system
                       (device (file-system-label "lib-its13_nvme_btrfs"))
                       (mount-point "/")
                       (type "btrfs")
                       (flags '(no-atime))
                       (options "compress=lzo"))
                      (file-system
                       (device (file-system-label "EFI"))
                       (mount-point "/boot/efi")
                       (type "vfat"))
                      %base-file-systems))

 (swap-devices (list "/root/swap"))

 (users (cons (user-account
               (name "install")
               (comment "installation user")
               (group "users")
               (supplementary-groups '("wheel" "netdev"
                                       "audio" "video"))
               (home-directory "/home/install"))
              %base-user-accounts))

 ;; This is where we specify system-wide packages.
 (packages (cons* nss-certs         ;for HTTPS access
                  btrfs-progs
                  gvfs              ;for user mounts
                  font-google-noto  ;(full) unicode font
                  %base-packages))

 ;; Add GNOME and/or Xfce---we can choose at the log-in
 ;; screen with F1.  Use the "desktop" services, which
 ;; include the X11 log-in service, networking with
 ;; NetworkManager, and more.
 (services (cons* (service openssh-service-type (openssh-configuration))
                  (service gnome-desktop-service-type)
                  (service planisphere-report-service-type)
                  (simple-service 'custom-udev-rules udev-service-type (list
libu2f-host))
                  %desktop-services))

 ;; Allow resolution of '.local' host names with mDNS.
 (name-service-switch %mdns-host-lookup-nss))
```