Nextcloud-client gets the wrong version of OpenSSL

From: Jens Mølgaard
Subject: Nextcloud-client gets the wrong version of OpenSSL
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 23:55:07 +1200

Hello Guix,

I've been trying to package the nextcloud-client for a while and am
stuck at a weird issue.

Since it is a fork of owncloud-client, I have just adapted the package
definition. With the addition of a patch from Parabola to strip out the
need for qtwebengine, I've gotten it to build.

However, it immediately segfaults on launch. Running it in gdb I see the
following:
> ssl3_cleanup_key_block () from
>/gnu/store/m9ngbfyi8wrwiwyr7dkfnhn5fyfalq3r-openssl-1.0.2p/lib/libssl.so.1.0.0

And running 'nextcloud --version' gets me:
> Using 'OpenSSL 1.0.2p  14 Aug 2018'

But it is supposed to have been built with openssl-next, i.e. version
1.1.1c, and it requires 1.1.x at least. Adding openssl-next to
native-inputs vs inputs does not make a difference. Turns out this is
also the case for the existing owncloud-client package, which even
though it depends on openssl-next also returns 'Using OpenSSL 1.0.2p'.

So I'm stumped. Where is it getting this version of OpenSSL from? The
build environment has the right version. It's not explicitly installed
in any profile. Is it propagated from somewhere? Is there something
obvious I'm missing?

Or any idea what to try?

Thanks,
Jens M