Re: Icecat doesn't display any text

From: ison
Subject: Re: Icecat doesn't display any text
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:00:00 -0600

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 07:18:35AM +0000, Todor Kondić wrote:
> ... for some reasong XDG_DATA_DIRS does not exist anymore in my profile; you
> were right, the fact that this env var is not defined causes icecat garbage;
> do you by any chance know what package to install in order to set the
> variable?

Are you able to verify that the file $HOME/.guix-profile/etc/profile contains
no reference to XDG_DATA_DIRS?
For example:
grep $HOME/.guix-profile/etc/profile -e XDG_DATA_DIRS

If it doesn't and you have icecat installed then that could be a bug. I don't
think there's any special package you need to install to get the correct env
vars.

Can you also check the value of $GUIX_PROFILE and set it to $HOME/.guix-profile
if it's blank, and then try icecat again?