Installing Guix from source

From: Reza Alizadeh Majd
Subject: Installing Guix from source
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 10:16:16 +0430

Hi Guix,

I tried to build Guix from source on an existing version of GuixSD.  so I
followed
the instructions provided in official documents:

https://guix.info/manual/en/html_node/Requirements.html
https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Building-from-Git.html

after build finished, I had two versions of Guix on my machine, the old one
which
is located in store, and the new one  which is installed in `/usr/local/bin`.

the problem is that the old instance of guix is detected as default on my
machine.
since I performed a series of  modifications on this new version, like changing
the
default channels and substitute servers, I need to replace old instance of Guix
completely with this new one.

Does anyone knows how can I perform this replacement?

Best,
Reza