Getting network-manager-openconnect to work

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Getting network-manager-openconnect to work
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 13:21:20 +0200

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 11:57:11AM +0200, Divan Santana wrote:
> Hi Guix,
>
> I'm glad openconnect and network-manager-openconnect are now in Guix!
>
> It would be nice to get it to work via network-manager, though I suppose
> it's not essential.
>
> Using openconnect directly works for me.
>
> $ sudo openconnect vpn.somewhere.com
>
> Trying to get it work via network-manager gives an error like so:
>
> $ sudo nmcli con up vpn-fnb --ask
> Error: openconnect failed: Could not find "openconnect" binary
> A password is required to connect to 'vpn-fnb'.
> Gateway (vpn.secrets.gateway):
>
> Even though my services configuration has this vpn-plugins set.
>
> (modify-services %desktop-services
>                  (network-manager-service-type
>                   config => (network-manager-configuration
>                              (inherit config)
>                              (dns "dnsmasq")
>                              (vpn-plugins (list network-manager-openconnect))
>                              ))
>
> Anyone else seen this?

Cc’ing address@hidden

I suspect something like the attached patch would help (and expand the
closure of network-manager to always include openconnect).

To test, follow section “Building from Git” from the manual or Laura’s
video 04-packaging-part-one.webm from
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-07/msg00249.html>,
but after the initial clone command, do

  git apply the-attached.patch

Then after make, do

  sudo -E ./pre-inst-env guix system reconfigure /etc/config.scm

(or whatever your configuration file is called).  I cannot test right
now and have never used openconnect.  It is quite possible I made a
mistake.

Regards,
Florian