Re: spacemacs doesn't have the correct PATH when I change HOME

From: Jesse Gibbons
Subject: Re: spacemacs doesn't have the correct PATH when I change HOME
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 08:55:35 -0600

On Tue, 2019-09-24 at 08:09 -0500, Jeff Bauer wrote:

> Jesse:
>
> I'm using spacemacs with guix, but not dual emacs/spacemacs.  Some
> resources (which you may have already encountered):
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/spacemacs/comments/88poow/how_can_i_run_spacemacs
> _and_emacs_side_by_side/
>
> (ihsec = I hate switching emacs environments)
>
> https://github.com/daedreth/ihsec
>
> I don't think your 3rd approach makes sense, as spacemacs
> is just emacs with a different configuration.
>
> -Jeff
Isn't guile-studio just emacs with a different configuration? Yet it is
packaged.

I see it runs a configure file at build time that generates a wrapper script
to load guile-studio.el on launch.[0] Is there a reason to suspect a similar
script wouldn't work for spacemacs? I think I will try that when I have
time, and if it works I'll look into building a spacemacs package.

[0] https://git.elephly.net/gitweb.cgi?p=software/guile-studio.git;a=blob;f=
guile-studio-configure.scm
--
-Jesse