Re: jfs, jfsutils?

From: Michael Zucchi
Subject: Re: jfs, jfsutils?
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 13:48:00 +1030

Hi Tobias,

On 12/12/19 12:11 pm, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
Michael & me,

Tobias Geerinckx-Rice 写道:
- jfsutils needs to be packaged for Guix

I wrote a quick but working package[0].

- and a static fsck added to the initramfs

I didn't have time for this yet.

Ok so it seems you're half done already, but I've been plodding away (and didn't check my email on my old computer) and have both building.

I'm not really sure where to put it or how to compile each part (it just build jfsutils, not jfs_fsck/static) and I used the slackware patches, but attached is what i have at the moment.  I used jfs_fsck for the static fsck because that's the default name but it could be fsck.jfs.

I started with a definitions of e2fsprogs and it's related functions from a linux.scm i found in /gnu/store and based it on that.

I've a number of built package 'attempts' building up - should I just run guix gc to clear them out or will that delete stuff i'm just going to need again?

Cheers,

(I presume attachments work ok on this list.)