Re: guix pull: error: getting status of /var/guix/gcroots

From: Jimmy Thrasibule
Subject: Re: guix pull: error: getting status of /var/guix/gcroots
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020 22:19:40 +0100

> Do you have any possibility to run guix pull with strace?

Unfortunately containers are not given PTRACE privileges during the
build phase so I cannot call strace.

> I do not have carefully look to your files, but the issue should be:
>  - wrong permission
>  - /var/guix is not exposed

Well the folder exists and is owned by root.

> My intuition is that your issue comes from this other container.
> And it builds, pulls etc because your are inside. However, if
> something is wrong then the command "FROM x237net/alpine-guix" does
> not do what you expect.

The x237net/guixsd container builds successfully on my work stations
and others. Only hub.docker.com CI's platform seems to fail building
the image. I actually pushed to the hub an image that I successfully
built.