Re: info about suitable distro with guix

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: info about suitable distro with guix
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2020 23:36:48 -0500

Le 15 février 2020 11:23:02 GMT-05:00, Simone Salsi <thedos@terminus.space> a
écrit :
>Hi everyone,
>
>first of all I'd like to thank you the community for the great job
>about
>Guix, I think it's really game changing.
>
>I played around a little with GuixSD and while I think it's a really
>good system unfortunately I'm still unable to properly used it on a day
>by day basis on my laptop.
>
>I therefore have a question:
>
>Any advice about using Guix as a package manager on top of another
>distro? wouldn't it have problems with the distro's native package
>manager?
>
>Is there any Guix-friendly distro that you can recommend?
>

>Thank you a lot,
>

>Simone

Hi Simone,

Well the really gneat distro on which guix works best is the guix system :p

Seriously, if that's not an option, then any other distro will work. Guix is
designed to be completely isolated from any other package manager, so no bad
interaction is possible. The only thing you have to remember is to not mix
package sources in a development project.

For a list of distros we could recommend, see the list of fully free distros on
https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html.