Failed to connect to guix daemon socket in pure env

From: Jeremy Korwin-Zmijowski
Subject: Failed to connect to guix daemon socket in pure env
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 00:33:13 +0100

Dear Guixters,

On my way to create a Guix package for ac-geiser (
https://github.com/xiaohanyu/ac-geiser), I end up stuck.

Here is my process :

$ git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
$ cd guix
$ git pull --recurse-submodules
$ guix environment --pure guix
$ ./bootstrap
$ ./configure
$ make

So far so good ! (Thanks to Andreas from GuixDays!)

Then I open emacs-xyz.scm and copy/paste some lines of code to create
my emacs-ac-geiser.scm. (Recently I heard about guix import so I will
play with it soon haha)

But when I wanted to test the installation :

$ ./pre-inst-env guix package --install-from-file=emacs-ac-geiser.scm
guix package: error: failed to connect to `/usr/local/var/guix/daemon-
socket/socket': No such file or directory

Any idea ?

(I am hacking on Ubuntu 18.04.4)

Jérémy