Re: Vanilla Firefox recipe?

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: Vanilla Firefox recipe?
Date: Sun, 24 May 2020 10:54:53 -0300

I came late to this issue, but I think this should have been posted on
development mailing list. It's not good if we use the general help list
to foster non-free software like Firefox or those which are third-party
package managers with no default repository explicitly commited to
following the GNU FSDG.

Furthermore, to ease the sides of both the thread starter and the
community, I'm taking a simplification in that I'm considering the use
of such non-free software for purpose of developing or improving a free
replacement. That means I'm not discussing the merit of whether the
question should or shouldn't have been answered the way it was.

One must be remind though, that the GNU FSDG isn't only about the
packages distributed (software, documentation, text fonts, etc), but
also about the community, and this is one of the things that keep Debian
out of the list of free system distributions.

--
* Ativista do software livre
        * https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
        * Membro dos grupos avaliadores de
                * Software (Free Software Directory)
                * Distribuições de sistemas (FreedSoftware)
                * Sites (Free JavaScript Action Team)
        * Não sou advogado e não fomento os não livres
* Sempre veja o spam/lixo eletrônico do teu e-mail
        * Ou coloque todos os recebidos na caixa de entrada
* Sempre assino e-mails com OpenPGP
        * Chave pública: vide endereço anterior
        * Qualquer outro pode ser fraude
        * Se não tens OpenPGP, ignore o anexo "signature.asc"
* Ao enviar anexos
        * Docs., planilhas e apresentações: use OpenDocument
        * Outros tipos: vide endereço anterior
* Use protocolos de comunicação federadas
        * Vide endereço anterior
* Mensagens secretas somente via
        * XMPP com OMEMO
        * E-mail criptografado e assinado com OpenPGP