Re: I tried Guix for half a day but had to go back to NixOS

From: Simen Endsjø
Subject: Re: I tried Guix for half a day but had to go back to NixOS
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 18:06:06 +0200

Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com> writes:

As the title says, I tried Guix for half a day 😅

I wanted to let you know that:

* Graphical installer run from a USB stick was broken. I went insane, asking the questions already answered and kept repeating them. So I could not get past the partition phase.

I believe this is because of a really bad case of UX-fail. I hit the same loop, and found out that particular question had a different default, so I kept
jumping back to start instead of accepting and continuing :)