Searxes in Icecat

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Searxes in Icecat
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 19:05:04 +0200

Hello,

since a recent update to icecat-68.12.0-guix0-preview1 (I do not know
from which version), the "Searxes Third Party Request Blocker" add-on
is mentioned as enabled, but does not seem to work any more:
There is no icon in the status bar to enable or disable third-party requests,
and the pages I am visiting have filled up with ads. Has anyone else had
this experience? Is there a setting I could change to make it work again?

I now also installed mublock origin, which seems to work and sort of solves
my practical problem; but I really liked searxes.

Andreas